…………………………………….VIZIE………………………………….

Found in the shoebox

Posted in *BLOG* by vizie on July 9, 2009

WARNING! THIS IS A HISTORY POST, YOU MIGHT NOT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THIS BUT IT’S FUN FOR ME.

——–

viziebartab

This was from when I was 19, I was visiting Houston TX and my friends snuck me into this bar. Needless to say I was annihilated drunk and I fucked this bar up. I had scribed every mirror/glass surface and caught probably 50 tags in a small bar. It took them a while but they started noticing and the started handing these reward slips with my name on it. They even handed me one. The rest of the night is a little blurry but all I remember is that at bar close I whipped a bottle at the bartenders head when he wasnt looking and he ran up and grabbed the guy next to me, I escaped safely with this souvenir.

oldrack

No real story here just an old picture of my rack when I was 19 living in Kansas City. Me and Pose used to rack whatever we could from farm supply stores, trying to get discontinued cans ect. but mostly we survived on rusto and little bits of krylon for color. Forgive the rest of the room, I was a 19 year old art school student.

———-

While we’re on memory lane here are some recent negative scans Nekst got back. some oldies but goodies.

nekstaction1_1999_nekst

nextjade_escape_nekst

jadenekst_roof_houston_nekst

nekst_roofspot2_nekst

nextseiko_houston_nekst

DTS_houston_nekst

Dallas TX “behind the grassy knoll”

seiko_brisbane_nekst

I was actually next to this one. We had an amtrak backjump spot in Houston for a minute, the closest thing to a clean train to us.

damet_train_somewhere

nekst_freight4_nekst

nekst_freight2_nekst

vizie_freight_nekst

It was my birthday and I spent it in the yard.

sace_freight_throw_nekst

Old Sace freight from when he visited Houston.

ekofreight2_nekst

Last but not least Eko whole car (first one I saw in person). This guy got me really into graffiti, he used to pick me up when I snuck out, I was probably 15-16 and we would paint all night then I’d sneak back in an hour before I had to go to school.

Advertisements

9 Responses

1. yo said, on July 10, 2009 at 10:40 am

is the ny train really from 94?

2. vizie said, on July 10, 2009 at 11:51 am

nope. the camera just had the date off i guess

3. snuf said, on July 12, 2009 at 11:13 am

nice too see some history behind a name..

4. charles peabody said, on July 13, 2009 at 2:40 pm

dude u still got spots riding here in KC. Nekst even still has some moneystacks hands around.i know you remember those! haha. wish you guys would come thru just one more time…

5. houston said, on July 15, 2009 at 6:52 pm

love this post.
    both you and nekst still have things running here in houston

6. Brody said, on September 4, 2010 at 1:03 am

Legendary!!!

7. jace said, on December 22, 2010 at 5:29 pm

DTS crew in Australia are one of the best. Nice to see some of the pics with some of them over there too.. okies, sofs and fair bit of jade around qld and some nsw. Thanks

8. Sved said, on March 30, 2011 at 11:36 am

Thanks for sharing Vizie…..!

9. Rodrick Ferkel said, on September 13, 2011 at 6:23 am

obviously like your web site but you have to check the spelling on several of your posts. A number of them are rife with spelling issues and I find it very troublesome to tell the truth nevertheless I will certainly come back again.